Sunday 25 September 2016

Owlcrate Review

For those of you who don't know, Owlcrate is a monthly book subscription box that sends you a newly released YA book and assorted goodies to accompany it.  To sign up for a subscription you have to use a credit card or you can purchase past boxes using PayPal.  I've been watching the past boxes available, and when one popped up that I was interested in I finally took a chance and purchased it.

I bought one of the boxes from July which was Good vs. Evil.  My box was Evil and included:

  • the book of the month: The Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
  • a Draco Malfoy POP Figure
  • a Death Star necklace from Vector Engravings on Etsy
  • a Queen of Hearts magnetic bookmark
  • and more goodies

I have to say, that I absolutely loved this box.  Now, I did purchase this box in August so I already knew what was in it.  However, I was still extremely excited for it and I can only imagine how people are when they're getting the box as a surprise that month.  The goodies are a lot of fun and seem to be good quality items - they're not just filling these boxes with cheap tricks.

The only negative I have about the entire experience was that it took two weeks for me to receive the box after ordering it.  I originally ordered the box on August 24th and it was finally shipped by September 6th.  Even then, it ended up in my neighbours mailbox instead of mine.  That being said, none of this is Owlcrate's fault and shipping may have taken longer because it had to clear customs into Canada and there was a long weekend in the middle of shipping.  Ah well, what can you do?

I'm definitely interested in getting more boxes from Owlcrate in the future and I'll be keeping watch on the boxes they have available.  Perhaps I'll get a subscription someday (hopefully soon!).

Do any of you have an Owlcrate subscription?  How do you feel about their monthly boxes?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment