Wednesday 21 September 2016

A Review: Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas


I'm going to make this review short and sweet on account of the fact that I'm still trying to wrap my head around that ending!

Overall, I loved this book.  The action started off almost immediately and didn't end until the book did.  For me, no parts of this book dragged and I found myself eagerly flipping through so that I could finish it.  I was happily surprised by all the fact that I love so many characters that I hadn't expected to.  I was constantly looking forward to seeing what was happening with Lorcan and Elide and I quite liked learning more about Rowan's cadre members, particularly Fenrys who I absolutely love.  Manon was also quite a nice surprise as well.

The only thing that I was even slightly upset about was the fact that Chaol wasn't present in this book.  I've seen a lot of hate about the fact that he wasn't here and that was should have seen a glimpse into what was happening with him in the south.  However, I'm sure that we'll get something like that in the next book and I feel that if it had been included here the book may have ended up dragging.  Maybe I'm just feeling better about it because I don't love Chaol quite as much as others do?  (I've always been a Dorian fan myself.)

Can't wait to find out what happens next now that Aelin has been kidnapped and her army is heading toward north.  Only, what?  Another year?  Oh boy...

What did you think about it?  Let me know in the comments!

Rated: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment